Terms and conditions
The term "ChampOrHero" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website, Asociatia Champ Or Hero. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website ("the site").
These terms and conditions may be modified at any time and such modification shall be effective immediately upon web posting of the modified terms and conditions. Your continued use of the ChampOrHero Website shall be deemed to be your conclusive acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
The materials on ChampOrHero.com website are provided on an 'as is' basis. ChampOrHero makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, ChampOrHero does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
The content of the pages of this site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice;
ChampOrHero reserves the right to modify, discontinue or suspend all or part of the site or its services at any time without notice.
The materials appearing on ChampOrHero website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. ChampOrHero does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. ChampOrHero may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However ChampOrHero does not make any commitment to update the materials.
The use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
2. User Conduct
- You must not use the site in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the site or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
- You must ensure that any content you upload onto the site (including photographs) is not obscene, offensive, defamatory or racist and does not breach any law or regulation or any intellectual property rights of a third party or any right or duty owed to a third party. This means that if any of the content you upload is copyright protected, you must obtain the copyright owner's written permission in order to use it;
- In the event that you become aware of any content which breaches any of the above rules, please notify us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must not use the site to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
- You must not use the site to send junk or spam email;
- You must not use the site to conduct, display or forward details of any survey, contest, pyramid scheme or chain letter;
- ChampOrHero reserves the right to remove any content from any page without notice at its sole discretion;
- You must not to attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the website;
- You must not to use any part of the site which you are not authorized to use or devise ways to circumvent security in order to access part of the site which you are not authorized to access. This includes but is not limited to scanning networks with the intent to breach and/or evaluate security, whether or not the intrusion results in access;
- You must not to use or attempt to use the site for any unlawful, criminal or negligent purpose. This includes but is not limited to password cracking, social engineering (defrauding others into releasing their passwords), denial-of-service attacks, harmful and malicious destruction of data, injection of computer viruses and intentional invasion of privacy.
3. Fundraising Site Policy
3.1 Generic Rules
- ChampOrHero creates a bridge between organizations and individuals to facilitate donation and acts as a handshaking platform.
- ChampOrHero does not handle any part of the financial transaction in the donation process other than a link to an external financial transaction platform (ex. PayPal)
- ChampOrHero displays only a link for direct donation to the receiving party;
- ChampOrHero does not take any cut, percentage or fixed amount from the donated sum;
- None of the pledges that are made on the ChampOrHero website are binding for any of the users.
- Any donation that is made, it represents the free will of a user and cannot have any legal repercussions over ChampOrHero website or it’s holder entity.
- All users (no matter of role) have to act in good will
4. Fundraising Activities
- It is your responsibility to ensure, prior to commencing a fundraising activity on behalf of a recipient organization, that the organization in question has no objection to the nature of the proposed activity;
- ChampOrHero makes no representation or warranty as to the suitability and/or appropriateness of any fundraising activity;
- ChampOrHero expressly reserves the right to suspend a fundraising/campaign page in the event that the recipient organization, in its sole discretion, deems the fundraising activity unsuitable or inappropriate.
4.1. Recipient organizations make no representations or warranties in relation to the specific use of funds raised except in circumstances where the organization has expressly stated that funds raised will be applied to a particular project or appeal.
4.2. How does ChampOrHero get paid?
- ChampOrHero does not deduct any percentage of any of the donations made for a charity / organization / campaign
- ChampOrHero accepts only direct donation from any of the users as their act in their free will to support ChampOrHero’s activity
5. Copyright Policy
- Copyright in the text, images, software, logos, icons, sound recordings and HTML code, content and other copyright material in this website is owned or licensed by or to ChampOrHero for use on this website;
- The site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us, and is protected by intellectual property law. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics of the site. Reproduction of this material is prohibited other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided that the material is not altered in any way and no trademark, copyright mark or other proprietary notice is removed from the material in question;
- No other use of material on the site is permitted other than with the express written permission of the copyright holder;
- Unauthorized use of the site may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences;
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system;
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us;
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. General Policy
8.1. Protecting your Password
- Upon registration with ChampOrHero, you will be invited to create a password to protect your personal account;
- It is your responsibility to keep this password safe and ensure that it is not disclosed to any third party;
- If you become aware that unauthorised use of your password has, or may take place, you are advised to change your password immediately by following the on-Site instructions;
- ChampOrHero strongly recommends its users to select a strong password combining uppercase and lowercase alpha-numeric characters with a minimum length of 8 digits.
- ChampOrHero password should be changed at least every 90 days.
- Your ChampOrHero password is unique to you, non-transferable and it is not to be shared.
8.2. Password Construction Recommendations
- Do not use your username (email address) as your password.
- Change your password at least every 90 calendar days.
- Do not transmit your password in the clear or plain text outside a secure location.
8.3. If your ChampOrHero account is no longer needed, we recommend you to disabled it. If that is the case, please email us at email@example.com
9. Disclaimer and No Liability
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law;
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this site meet your specific requirements;
- In no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damages, whether direct or indirect, arising out of your use of the site and the services provided there or your inability to use them;
- ChampOrHero shall not be liable to you or any third parties in contract or in tort arising out of, or in connection with, or relating to, the holding or staging of a fundraising appeal or event which has been published on the website or any fact, matter or thing relating to the holding or staging of a fundraising appeal or event (whether negligent or in breach of contract or not).
10. Breach of Terms and Conditions of use
In the event of your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions of use, we reserve the right to immediately suspend your access to any and/all parts of the site and the services provided there without notice and without reference to you.
- By creating a Challenge connected to any of the Campaigns listed on ChampOrHero.com I agree as follows:
- I agree, represent, and warrant that I have received consent from my physician to participate in health and fitness programs, workouts, exercises, or any other related activities connected to my fundraising activities and declare that I am physically fit and have trained sufficiently to participate in and complete the Event.
- I waive, release and discharge ChampOrHero and its officers, employees, contractors, volunteers or agents involved in the Event from all claims or causes of action I may have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by me including personal injury, illness or death and/or loss or damage to any property arising either directly or indirectly out of my attendance at or participation in the Event. I also waive, release and discharge ChampOrHero and its officers, employees, contractors, volunteers or agents involved in the Event from all claims or causes of action I or any person under my care may have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by any person or property being pushed, carried, accompanied or in any like manner by me. This includes children in child-carrying devices arising either directly or indirectly out of my or their attendance at or participation in the Event. I agree to take all necessary precautions and actions to ensure any child or person accompanying me, whether in a child-carrying device or not, is safe. I indemnify and will keep indemnified ChampOrHero and its officers, employees, contractors, volunteers and agents against all costs, losses or damages arising from or in relation to my attendance at or participation in the Event including the attendance or participation of any person in my care.
12. Governing Law
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to laws of Romania.